I remember back in Kindergarten we were taught if we don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all. I think that statement is absolutely wrong. I have learned that there is always something positive to say. In every area of our life, God gives us powerful life affirming messages that we can speak into our lives and those around us. Instead of fussing, cussing, or stressing — be a blessing — to yourself and others through the words you speak. When you do your mood changes, your circumstances change, your families change and thus everyone you come into contact with can change as well.
Cool Life Affirming Words For Every Day Realities:
- Spouses, Kids, or Coworkers irritate you first thing in the morning — Thank you God for this day, your mercy is new everyday (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- Cranky — My heart is joyful (Prov 17:22)
- Someone makes you want to just strangle them — Bless you (and mean it) (Romans 12:14)
- Husband says something you find absolutely foolish 🙂 – Baby you’re excellent (Psalm 45:2 NIV – You are the most excellent of men and you lips have been anointed with grace, since God has blessed you forever.)
- When other’s don’t appreciate you — I will not become weary in doing good (Galatians 6:9)
- Not enough time for your passion — God makes room for the gifts He gives me (Prov. 18:16)
- Laid off — God is my protector and provider (Prov. 18:2)
- Negative self talk — I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
- Not feeling sexy, desirable, or “in the mood” — I am my husband’s beautiful doe and he finds me exhilarating (Prov. 5:19)
There are so many others — It is so amazing how relevant every word of God is to our lives. Feel free to share others!