I remember back in Kindergarten we were taught if we don’t have anything nice to say don’t say anything at all. I think that statement is wrong personally. I have learned that there is always something positive to say. In every area of our life, God gives us powerful life affirming messages that we can speak into our lives and those around us. When we do, our mood changes, our circumstances change, our families change and thus everyone we come into contact with can change as well.
Cool Life Affirming Words For Every Day Realities:
- Spouses, Kids, or Coworkers irritate you first thing in the morning — Thank you God for this day, your mercy is new everyday (Lamentations 3:22-23)
- Cranky — My heart is joyful (Prov 17:22)
- Someone makes you want to just strangle them — Bless you (and mean it) (Romans 12:14)
- Husband says something you find absolutely foolish 🙂 – Baby you’re excellent (Psalm 45:2 NIV – You are the most excellent of men and you lips have been anointed with grace, since God has blessed you forever.)
- When other’s don’t appreciate you — I will not become weary in doing good (Galatians 6:9)
- Not enough time for your passion — God makes room for the gifts He gives me (Prov. 18:16)
- Laid off — God is my protector and provider (Psalm 18:2)
- Negative self talk — I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
What affirmations are needed in your life? Where do you need to change your mood, atmosphere, life and those around you? I offer these to you freely, but consider creating a few of your own. When you do, I hope you will share them with us. Maybe we can all benefit. Go into this new year ahead speaking positivity amidst all challenges. Be blessed!